Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two p.moranensis varieties

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be mistaken but I believe that "Fraser Red Leaf" is a form of moranensis x gypsicola... I'll check my growlist.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, according to my growlist it is that hybrid
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pyro, the plant came labelled as P.moranensis var "fraser f. red". If it happens to be P.moranensis x gypsicola, does it have winter leaves? And how do you "winter" them?

I am freaking out now 'cos I can't decide whether to leave the rootless (I peeped) plant alone and not water it. But the lowest temperature here is at most 77degF and that's nowhere near winter's cool.

Or should I go the Pingman's way of high light, high humidity and high water level... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking that the plant would have come from Triffid Park and the plants they sell as P. moranensis var. "Fraser red" are just a P. moranensis form and not a hybrid with P. gypsicola.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm...This is interesting. I did notice this past summer, before I started to cultivate my plants under flourescents, that many species stopped growing and seemed to languish and even die off during the terrible heat wave we had. Once the temperatures moderated, they bounced back nicely with renewed vigor, and those that did not I was able to replace by taking leaf pullings.

Because I do not air condition, I left my windows wide open all summer long, implying that humidity levels were inconsistent. And because they were in windowsills, perhaps the amount of light reaching them had decreased due to the shifting angles of the sun. It will interesting to see how they grow for me next summer now that my groing conditions have changed (i.e., shift from natural to artificial light).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Hmmm...This is interesting. I did notice this past summer, before I started to cultivate my plants under flourescents,
    I'm curious, what are your lighting conditions (bulb type, wattage, photoperiod, plant distance from lights, temperature around plants, etc.)? Thanks.
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12