What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinkest Ping Leaves

P. laueana has some maroon leaves
go here Pinky

I have never seen a gypsicola that red before
smile_k_ani_32.gif
It's a beauty.

Hey, Cindy what is the x in the ping leaves?, Drosera36 qhat specie is that redfull ping!!!, i love pings, they should grow in terrariums
smile_h_32.gif

The plant shown in the link provided by gardenofeden is not a Pinguicula gypsicola, but rather a hybrid including it as one of the parents.

ImWindPlant, the X on the leaves are thawed frozen blood worms.
smile_n_32.gif

I made a trade with one of the forum members, I do not recall who, and got a P. pirouette <span style='color:red'>[Edit: This plant is actually a registered cultivar and the name is written: Pinguicula 'Pirouette']</span> from him. Mine is still alive and well but not quite as pink as the photo he sent me of the parent plants.

Now this is "PINK".
ppirouette01_1.sized.jpeg

Even if that gypsicola is a hybrid I want one to add to my collection.

Lauderdale, that is a lovely form of ping. such a pretty pink, I will be looking out for some of those as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ Mar. 14 2006,6:55)]I made a trade with one of the forum members, I do not recall who, and got a P. pirouette from him.  Mine is still alive and well but not quite as pink as the photo he sent me of the parent plants.

Now this is "PINK".
ppirouette01_1.sized.jpeg
very pretty, are they grown under lights?

Us "natural" growers cannot get the intense colours that some like Pinguiculaman manage....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]very pretty, are they grown under lights?
Us "natural" growers cannot get the intense colours that some like Pinguiculaman manage....
If I remember correctly he was growing them under flourescent lights.
I am growing mine in BRIGHT shade, early morning and late afternoon sun only, here in Florida and mine are pretty close to that color.
I am going to take leaf cuttings to get more plants and experiment with full sun vs the current conditions.

Lauderdale,
Sure looks like your growing conditions are excellent. Do your plants ever experience any frost?

Back