What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Help

It was sold to me as a Pinguicula 'Mola'. Which I beleive is actualy P. 'Hameln'. However this is clearly neither. I should have known by the leaves alone, but don't think I ever looked it up until it flowered.

Anyway, if anyone can get me close that would be great.

I offer this possibility, because I too received a plant identified to me as Pinguicula 'Mola', which should have been a synonym for Pinguicla 'Hameln', but my suspect cultivar turned out to be Pinguicula 'Sethos'.

Here is a digital scan done of the standard photo for Pinguicula 'Sethos':

p_Sethos.jpg

It shows the shape and markings, but I wouldn't trust it for accuracy of flower color.

Here is a photo of one of my own Pinguicula 'Sethos' in bloom (the foliage on mine takes on a pink cast due to high UV light levels):

p_Sethos_a_sml.jpg

Thanks, it looked darker then my P. 'Sethos', but I guess that one is an F2, so that could make the difference.

Posted here and CPUK because I gave a plant to someone here and there.

By any chance did you get the mis-identified one off ebay?
Or else where from someone named Allen Gustin.

My misidentified one came from a college student in Florida, Manny Herrera.

Sorry Pingman. I'm not well versed in Mexican Pings. I have a hard enough time keeping them alive in South Florida. It was probably given to me under that name.

No worries, I too have been an unwitting distributor of misidentified material. It has made me more critical, so that I investigate as best I can to help ensure material I am growing is properly identified.

Back