What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. primuliflora rescue!

Yesterday I was walking through the garden center in Lowe's, and it appeared that they had gotten a new shipment of cps. For the first time ever, they had Pings! I had been wanting a P. primuliflora for quite some time (after several "mishaps"), so I 'rescued' it, but before it got too neglected. It was in one of those little 1.5" cube things, and it had two flowers. I put it into my terrarium with the rest of my plants. So, today, I repotted it into a 3.5" pot with a 2-1 peat/sand mix with a topdressing of LFS.

Here are some pics:

BEFORE REPOTTING:

primuliflora1web.jpg

primuliflora2web.jpg

AFTER REPOTTING:

primuliflora3web.jpg

I hope this guy will be ok. It already has a bit of sticky stuff, so I think it's happy.

-Ben

Nice catch!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] It was in one of those little 1.5" cube thing

Don't throw those out! I've found them extremelly attractive and handy for growing genlisea.

Good luck with the ping.

As Chloroplast suggests, those plastic cubes are handy. I am using one as a glorified hanging basket for my cobra lily:

AF003601.jpg

I would also suggest providing drainage capabilities.

Thanks guys. Now its new leaves have a LOT of that sticky stuff on it.

Yes, this one container thingy could be useful, but it is the smaller size, not the large one. The whole thing is only like 3-4" tall. But don't worry, I didn't throw it out
smile.gif

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As Chloroplast suggests, those plastic cubes are handy. I am using one as a glorified hanging basket for my cobra lily:

Jim, that's a cute little cobra you've got there...gonna plant it in a nearby stream?!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile.gif

Ken

No, this one stays away from any watercourses! Lesson learned! I'll just stick to the glorified hanging basket approach, courtesy of Tony Paroubek.

Back