What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do you plan to wake them up?

glider14

Always a newbie
i finally recieved my 4 cute little P. Moranensis today and they are sleeping as of now. when are you all going to wake your pings up?
alex

When they start growing normal leaves, I guess.

-Ben

so they come out on their own....im a newbie at pings if you didnt know
biggrin.gif

alex

My moranensis started forming middle-sized leaves. I'm planning to wake them up on this weekend.

My P. "titan" just produced an underground hibernaucula(thanks to macrophylla parent). Hoe long should it be dormant for?

I keep my Mexican pings on a window sill all year round and let the temperature fluctuations and natural photoperiod affect their cycles. Right now, most of mine have fishscale sized leaves.

I have a P. grandiflora that apparently has formed a hibernaculum and a couple of gemmae. I was told that it should be a couple of weeks before I see some action. Maybe your Titan will be similar?

Slurm,

P. macrophylla stays dormant for quite some time. 5+ months in habitat if I am remembering correctly.

I have just gotten my P. macrophylla to wake up, it went down in sep/oct. I have had it at 80+ degrees day 65+ night, 17 hour photo period since X-mas, keeping it very wet seemed to make the difference in getting to wake up or just time alone

Back