What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two of my new favorite species!

Here is a large, red form of Pinguicula emarginata.  It has been a constant flowerer for me and the growth is extremely rapid.  It is also a fast multiplier.  I started with just a few tiny plantlets last autumn, and they have already turned into this:

Pemarginata2.jpg

Following is a close-up of one of the flowers.  I love the shape of the flowers on this one!  

Pemarginataflower1.jpg

Although it has not yet bloomed for me, I can't help but loving the wonderful leaves of Pinguicula colimensis.  They have extremely long (for a ping) stalked glands that make it look almost Drosera-like in some way.  The leaves remain this wonderful yellow-green color regardless of light intensity (much like P. gigantea ).

Pcolimensis1.jpg

Here is another view of the same plant, providing another glimpse of the stalked glands:

Pcolimensis2.jpg

Wow, were did you buy those?

smile_k_ani_32.gif

that p. colimensis is very dewy.
good work man

Nice looking plants!

That Pinguicula emarginata is really pretty! I don't suppose you have any spares?
smile_n_32.gif

-Ben

Back