What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loads of flowers

I recently rescued a P. primuliflora from a Lowes store, and it had one flower and 2 buds. But then in my care, it made an unexpected bud, and another, and today, another. So, that's 6 flowers total! Is this normal for a P. primuliflora plant? Normally, I would only see one or two flowers on a plant.

-Ben

Im pretty sure it's normal..... mine has been doing that since around the begining of Feburary. so far it has put up around 12 blooms

It can be normal for them to constantly put up new flowers. However, some plants become exhausted and have a foliage "crash" after repetitive flowering. I usually let mine bloom once or twice every few months, and cut off additional stems just as they appear. The mother plant seems to devote more energy to her foliage and making plantlets between blooming.

My very first plant sent 8 flowers before it gave it a rest. It was also produced plantlets, while doing so. It looked pretty haggard, but recovered.

Oh, ok. I thought I might have some new cultivar on my hands! I guess I'll cut off the stalks after the flowers dry up, and they get a bit ugly anywho.

-Ben

Back