User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Finally, a Mexican ping flowers!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One by one,slowly but surely, that which has been an enigma or a failure, is being overcome. Here is a P. potosciensis flower. There is another one emrging from the crown and my P. ehleresiae is also sending up one. Will wonders never cease!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. Thats one of mine that I still haven't gotten to flower.
    P. emarginata was one that I just got my first flower from.

I'd really like to see one from P. reticulata (was labeled as kondoi) or P. sp. "Köhres"
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, what are the conditions you are growing the P. ehlersiae under? I've had the little stinkers for 3 or 4 years and have seen nothing but leaves. Maybe this is my come uppance for getting the U. sandersonii "Blue" to bloom when you couldn't .
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becuase of lack of space at the south window in the attic, all of the pings and Utrics are at the east window. They see pretty good temperature swings. Can't say that they are kept particularly wet and bothe potosciensis & ehleresiae are sending up stalks amid winter leaves. I've also fed them freezed fried bloodworms. In other words, I'm not doing anythig fancy and haven't a clue as to why they are flowering. I'm getting the impression that allowing a cool, dry winter, followed by wetter conditions in the spring is what they need... but why isn't the Sethos or any of the others doing anything? As usual, one gives plants away and they do things for others. Hey, the California Sunset is just fine. When they die back, they really look dead!