User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New ping and zones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok first i went to lowes today and i got my first ping! i put it outside my window where it is partly sunny dureing the day. i was wandering if that was ok? and could someone tell me about these "zones" i hear people talking about?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More than likely you got a P. primuliflora. depending upon how neglected the plant was before you bought it will determine if it will react to the cahnge in environment. This plant will do wonderfully well inside, open tray, on a window sill. I think that if you were to check the back of a typical seed packet froma garden center, it will show a map of the US, with colored zones and numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ June 05 2006,9:19)]More than likely you got a P. primuliflora. depending upon how neglected the plant was before you bought it will determine if it will react to the cahnge in environment. This plant will do wonderfully well inside, open tray, on a window sill. I think that if you were to check the back of a typical seed packet froma garden center, it will show a map of the US, with colored zones and numbers.
    ok thanks how big do they get?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An individual plant is ~1.5" in diameter. However, they reproduce! And after a few months you could easily have a clump of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree! I had one that spread like crazy!!

They are easy beginer pings if they have good circulation, they are suseptable to mold more than other CP's that ive grown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well its not looking to good it was in bad shape when i got it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is gonna sound stupid, but when you got it was there a cover thing on it? If there was be careful with it, I found this one to be really sensitive to the sudden humidity change. Ive only had two P. primuflora so far. The first one died when I was on vacation, came home and it was bone dry . The second one is about two years old now. And I dont think a bomb could kill it. I have it in full sun and keep it flooded. Now that I think of it, I should really repot it tommorow, the plantlets are starting to form over in the water now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah it was and yeah i did removed it withough ajusting it