Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do most people grow their pings

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I was doing my collection a favor when I brought the "ghetto" outside. I get one rain that flooded the container they were in and 3 plants (with two flowering) rotted. And do most people use artificial lighting for them or window sill light?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im using all 3 flourecents, south window and outside. all do well. but they tend to go into a bit of shock from being moved from one of the situations to another. its rather rough on a plant to take it from indoors(even if your using a south window) to pure sun. the window actually cuts down on the light levels quite a bit, even more so if they are the energy efficeint ones with double panes and coatings
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The previous couple of years I grew mine outside. Some of them (P. ehlersiae in particular) didn't care for the direct sun and sorta melted away to the point of almost disappearing. Others did great and colored up nicely. This year I'm growing them in my window and while they aren't coloring up as much, they are all doing as well or better than last year.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My attempts this year to grow P. primuliforas outside have reduced them to compost, either rotting from rain or withering from TX sun.

2 years ago, however, I had put 2 Lowes plants in an outdoor minibog without adjusting and they flourished under dapple sunlight, sending many plantlets and flowering.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did place my tropical pings outside spring to fall for a year or two. Now I just leave them inside year round.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow all my Pings on my windowsills. They are all producing multiple flowers and as BCK suggested the coloring is moderate but not as vibrant as some pings I grew outside last year.

Zac
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really? my best color comes from the ones grown under flourecent lights. nice and pink, the ones in the window and outside are green
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's weird my terrarium pings are the least vbrant but that could be due to the humidity in the tank.
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast