Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinguicula esseriana

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a similar reaction by my P. lusitanica, except it seems to have been the result of a near-death experience brought on by prolonged lack of watering. I have an undrained container with P. lusitanica and D. burmannii and, for whatever reason the bulk of the plants grew around the rim of the pot. The walls of the soil had compacted away from the sides of the pot, so this was also the part of the soil that was fastest to dry. So, after going a little too long without water, the whole pot was full of crispy critters except for a handful in the middle that had deep enough roots to stay moist. In any case, the ones that came back around the edge have all grown in that 'crestate' pattern, as though they have lots growth points each growing tiny leaves.
    Nice pictures, too. P. esseriana is one of my favorites, alone with ehlersiae and some of the other smaller Pings.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a single P. esseriana that I'm struggling to find room for, ever since all this downsizing I've been going through. It's such a cool Ping that I don't want to give it up, yet once this all blows over I don't think I'll have any space for it

Nice plants Pingman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Aug. 11 2006,7:41)]I have a single P. esseriana that I'm struggling to find room for, ever since all this downsizing I've been going through. It's such a cool Ping that I don't want to give it up, yet once this all blows over I don't think I'll have any space for it

Nice plants Pingman.
    Thank you, but ---
    Actually I'm PinguiculaMan, Pingman is Peter.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bah! I'm sorry! I'll remember that for the future.

This reminds me of all the people who constantly confuse me with Elgecko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great plants as always PinuiculaMan. Are you still using Rootshield? I remember a wile ago you were using it with pullings and transplanting. Have you done tests with and withought?
    Thanks Stephen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must revert to fluoro tubes. Must revert to fluoro tubes... Great as ever PinguiculaMan! I have a small crestate laueana but it's far less interesting than your esseriana!

Cheers
    Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sdeering @ Aug. 16 2006,2:28)]Great plants as always PinuiculaMan. Are you still using Rootshield? I remember a wile ago you were using it with pullings and transplanting. Have you done tests with and withought?
    Thanks Stephen
    My present use of RootShield® is to add a little to my dried, powdered, insects. I add it while I am grinding them in the coffee grinder (electric) and then I use the insect powder by generously sprinkling it in the planting holes when potting-up propagules and when transplanting. I also periodically sprinkle the same mixture very lightly on the surface of Drosera and Pinguicula leaves. This mixture I also use to suppress non-Sphagnum mosses by generously sprinkling it over their surface --- the fluffy white fungus that quickly grows will often consume the moss as well.

-------------------------

As far as testing with and without RootShield® --- the many years I spent growing plants without RootShield® or Mycostop® (another nice biological control product) suffices for me as time spent without these "modern conveniences". I do believe I notice a fair degree of improvement in the overall vigor of plants that are treated this way and plan to continue using these products to enhance the health and growth of my plants.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I have a similar product I am experementing with. Its called Mike. Te active ingrediant is glomus intraradices. So far so good.
    Stphen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast