What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. gypsicola

norns: before I built the shelves I used to just lay the fluorescent lights on the trays, the trays would be the support for the lamps. This would have positioned the lamps approximately 2.5 - 5.0 cm from the plants leaves, flowers were often getting burn damage back then. Moving the lamps farther away from the leaves as the shelves now do, inspired me to do this: Overdriving Fluorescent Lamps

Overdriving the lights makes them much brighter, though the lamps fail much sooner -- I don't worry so much about that, I purchase my lamps for less than $1 each and for me, the improvement in plant growth outweighs the early need for lamp replacement.

Last edited:
My mouth is still open from reading through that overdrive article! I need an electrician!

My mouth is still open from reading through that overdrive article! I need an electrician!

The artical is amazing !! :jaw:
It really a good method, and I also need an electrician too.

I'd like to know where Joseph gets his tubes for $1 a piece.

It was at Lowe's, but just last night I discovered that they apparently no longer carry what was called their "value pack" (30 - 4 foot 34watt T12, Cool White lamps for about $25 before tax).:-(

I got a 10 pack of floros at home depot for $11

I just picked up a 10-pack of 4100K, 4 foot T8's, from Home Depot, to give them a try. Some threads mention that they produce more light per watt of electricity. With tax they were a little more than $2/each.

No electrician but am farely good at electroncis,I'll try that sometime soon.

Like most things in life, if one is given the chance to talked through a multistep task (and take notes), it's possible to do. I would definitely need to have someone right next to me. Same with hand-pollinating!

If I could teleport there I'd help :D

Back