What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Species similar to...

glider14

Always a newbie
is there a ping that if i could grow then i could grow P. gypsicola?

If you can grow P. heterophylla then you can grow gypsicola, care is pretty similar, They are even both late starters not waking up until long after all your other plants are in growth, usually at the end of April or start of May.

P. filifolia.. sort of.. if you can find it.

Ping's aren't my specialty.

I'd just go for it -- That's what I did. I used everything I'd heard about growing them (as a guide only). I kept a careful eye on them (I say them, because I immediately broke off many older leaves and they budded quickly), those that looked to be struggling were the ones I tried different things on. Eventually, I discovered how they grow best in my conditions. And its somewhat different than the cultural conditions other, successful growers of this species have described.

well once i have good looking pings to start(i have 4 crappy ones...) ill continue with other species.
Alex

One environmental factor that predominates for me, is to give them as much light as possible without causing them too much damage as they adjust to it (I use artificial light - fluorescent). A problem can be keeping them alive until they grow vigorous and strong.

I have 3 growing on my windowsill. I have had them there over a month and a half now, and they are doing great.

yea i have mine on a windowsil also they were in a terrarium for a while but i took them out and they are doing MUCH better than they were. they are growing...slowly but steadly.
ALex

Back