What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula moranensis 'Huahuapan'?

I have never been much of a ping guy. However, when this fellow flowered for the first time for me, and I am rediscovering and loving the beauty of these gems!

Could anyone please confirm that this is indeed Pinguicula moranensis 'Huahuapan'? Thanks!
P_huahuapan_flw1_web.jpg

P_huahuapan_flw_side1_web.jpg

Well I can confirm that it looks like mine
smile.gif

Yeah! Thanks, Pyro!

Unfortunaely I have obtained two plants, each carrying this name. One with always-green leaves, starts flowering when still small, and just keeps on growing and flowering, it looks the same as your photo. Another I have has red leaves, has grown even larger than the first one mentioned and has not yet bloomed for me.

I looked at BobZ's photo finder and it seems like almost none of the images look identical to each other. Mine in fact looks different from all the rest. But I am no expert in pings and wondering if the differences observed are due to variation or different growing conditions.

try the photo and description at the link below.
It does look as the same!
pinguicula.org

Voila! Thanks, pingman!

Back