What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFI

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
I am trying to find out if any of the Caribbean epiphytic Pinguicula (casabatonia, lingicola, etc.) are in cultivation anywhere. If you have any information I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me via email.

Thank you

Have any luck finding any info Pyro?

Only one reply so far and that is that most/all are protected by local laws that will not allow any type of export. So it looks like these may be a long time coming.

hes no longer in the DR...hes here. i remember getting a trade from him a while ago.
Alex

And even if he was in DR he would not be allowed to collect. The area the plants grow in is quite literally protected by roving armed guards. And then there is the fact that DR dose not issue permits to anyone who is not a legitimate researcher and even then it is difficult.

Like I said, it is probably going to be a long time coming.

He told me his brother was like the secretary of agriculture and his family knew the president
cool.gif

You'll have to talk to him about that.

Back