What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anonymous ping pic

Although I grow quite a few carnivorous plants, I have never grown pinguicula. However, about 2 months ago a friend bought one for me from a local Wal-Mart. Of course it is unlabeled and I have no idea what it is.

I repotted it immediately because the leaves were long and rangy and the plant crown was planted way too deep (I was afraid of fungal infection). It just bloomed. I'm guessing it is a Mexican ping. of some sort, maybe a moranensis hybrid?

mexican-pinguicula.jpg

-Steve / xscd

Whatever it is It's beautiful!

Looks like P. x 'Titan', just like the one I recently bought and posted several pics of it in another topic on the Ping forums.
Here's the topic

-Ben

Yeah, that it 'Titan'

Yes, certainly is a nicely blooming Pinguicula 'Titan'. One of my favorite Pinguicula cultivars. I enjoy the unique appearance of the foliage and the nicely dark and attractively shaped blooms. Environment can often have a profound influence on the appearance of the plants, but rarely has much of an influence on the blossoms.

p_Titan_AB2.jpg

Back