Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question on leaf pullings on narrow leaf plants

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (pingman @ Dec. 26 2006,12:49)]Jimscott, it took about a 3 weeks before i saw any plantlets on my P. gypsicola. Now 2 weeks later there are little plants and the original leaves are starting to fade away.
    I have not added any water to the baggie, it's fairly dry or just barely moist!

Good growing!
    Peter
    I just gathered several leaves for a shipment and all but one species / cross are displaying plantlets. The P. gypsicola is one of the ones with plantlets! The P. reticulata has to be the easiest to propogate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 05 2007,8:08)]
    Quote[/b] (pingman @ Dec. 26 2006,12:49)]Jimscott, it took about a 3 weeks before i saw any plantlets on my P. gypsicola. Now 2 weeks later there are little plants and the original leaves are starting to fade away.
    I have not added any water to the baggie, it's fairly dry or just barely moist!

Good growing!
    Peter
    I just gathered several leaves for a shipment and all but one species / cross are displaying plantlets. The P. gypsicola is one of the ones with plantlets! The P. reticulata has to be the easiest to propogate.
    Yep, those Pinguicula reticulata form plantlets up and down both edges of the narrower, petiole portion of their severed leaves which can be quite long and produce many plantlets.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i visited the virgin islands, i was given a "love plant" leaf. the story goes that if you lay the leaf flat in a pot of soil, it will take root and sprout a new love plant, but only if the person who gave it to you truly loves you.

neat story, and the fact that a cute girl gave it to me rocks =P

anyways, i did as the story told and layed it out. about a month later, it took root. but not from the basal end of the leaf. you know how some leaves have those "veins" extending from the spine to the margins of the leaf? a single root dropped down from the tip of each of those.

not exactly relevant, but i thought it was a cool story to tell =P
    if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12