What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas Roses (Pings of course!)

Here are 2 of my favorite Pings, cuz they're so PINK!

Trio of P. 'Florian'
floriansmyh2.jpg

Single P. 'Pirouette'
pirouettesmlv3.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Peter.

Nice pics of very colorful and healthy looking Pinguicula. Thanks for sharing.

Peter -

Are P. 'Florian' Mexican, tropical, temperal<span style='color:red'>[Edit: the word is actually; temperate]</span>, etc? Those pings are beautiful. Also, what is the green grass stuff growing around the pot? Thanks for sharing.

xvart.

<span style='color:red'>[Edit: Your post has been edited to improve its value as an archive and to help others understand more precisely which plants you are writing about. You can read more about the details of writing plant names at Plant Names Thread.]</span>

Xvart, those are both cultivars of mexican Pings. P. 'Florian' is a hybrid of esseriana x jaumavensis, and P. 'Pirouette' is a hybrid of several Mexican species.<span style='color:red'>[Edit: actually Pinguicula 'Florian' is a cultivar, derived from the hybrid, not strictly "a hybrid", as hybrids are not named, except in rare circumstance. Neither is Pinguicula 'Pirouette', "a hybrid", but rather a cultivar selected from the progeny of a hybrid cross.]</span>
The green "grass" is some kind of moss. Kind of irritating but i guess pretty against the pink!
Peter.

<span style='color:red'>[Edit: Your post has been edited to improve its value as an archive and to help others understand more precisely which plants you are writing about. You can read more about the details of writing plant names at Plant Names Thread.]</span>

I like that moss! I've been trying to grow it but it never really seems to grow for me.

Beautiful pings Joseph! Man, I just love those colors
biggthumpup.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Dec. 23 2006,11:12)]Beautiful pings Joseph! Man, I just love those colors
biggthumpup.gif
These are actually "Peter's". He took the name, "pingman", which is probably why he has been confused with me. I used to be "PinguiculaMan", but changed to my actual name.

Though, I too, believe my plants are beautiful.

My bad
sad.gif
. I gotta at least pay attention to who's posting the pics.
tounge.gif
I still like 'em. They's purdy!

Very nice. I like the P. 'Pirouette' especially...

I saw the P. 'Florian' at the LACPS meeting earlier this month. The photo does not do them justice. These plants are so incredibly beautiful in real life that they seem almost unreal. They remind me of museum pieces I've seen of plants carved in jadeite by Chinese artisans.

Nice pics, makes me wish I had a few more pings...must have P. 'Florian'...
tounge.gif

Yes, I agree, Pinguicula 'Florian' seems like a must-have Christmas self-gifting treat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joseph Clemens @ Dec. 24 2006,4:50)]Yes, I agree, Pinguicula 'Florian' seems like a must-have Christmas self-gifting treat.
no doubt. are these easy to obtain via retailers, or am i gonna have to trade?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Dec. 23 2006,9:04)]My bad
sad.gif
.  I gotta at least pay attention to who's posting the pics.
tounge.gif
  I still like 'em.  They's purdy!
LOL! Yeah.... but they do bear a striking resemblence to reddened plants that Joseph displays! Next year I hope to add a fluorescent light to the window sill and achieve that quality.

Back