User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My P. 'Sethos' is putting up a flower stalk!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My P. 'Sethos' is putting up a flower stalk!

Yeah yesterday I noticed this little tiny flowerstalk rising from the center of my P. 'Sethos' and I am/was soo happy! The only things that I have to ask are: Are there going to be more? and are the seed from this plant viable?

Also my D. dilesiana is putting up a flower stalk as well, I 'm very new to this plant and I was wondering if I should let it bloom, or if it behaved anything like D. burmannii.

Thanks!

Edit: The reason why I'm sooooo incredibly happy is because this will be my first Mexican ping flower.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-20-2007 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Correction of scientific name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to check out a previous thread on this subject. http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ight=Sethos+F2

Short answer: Yes, it usually produces more than one flower. Yes, this cultivar can produce viable seed, though they will not be Pinguicula 'Sethos'. Kinda like your brothers or sisters, if you have any, are not going to be as identical to you as if they were your identical twins.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!!!

I'm mostly excited because this will be my first Mexican Ping flower and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

And to add to the list, i think that both my P. lutea and U. bisquamata are going to flower.