What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. primuliflora

Yesterday I happened to notice that my smallish P. primuliflora (a little bigger than a half-dollar) and the question that I have to ask you is is it normal for them to start flowering at this age?

FD, They flower when they are ready to, and that's a fact.

so it doesn't matter how big they are? because this one is no more than 1/2 a year old and litteraly 1 1/2 inches across. Is it gonna bite the dust?

No, it won't die. It's not a VFT! It'll be just fine. My very first P. primuliflora, a Lowes special, two months after purchase, flowered 8 times throughout fall and winter, before it took a couple month rest. It also produced several plantlets from its leaves.

No, i meant because it's so small

FD, you can worry about nothing if you want. A plant will only flower when it's able, and not because it is dying. Just grow the plant and learn from it. Relax with this or you will drive yourself nuts! Let the plant grow, and multiply however they intend to. You just might kill them with kindness. Water them, give them sun, and let them grow.

ok, thanks!!!
I can't wait to see the tiny flower

Back