What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mealworms and pings

disco

aqua teen hunger force assemble!!
i know that those fungus gnat larva are good for pings but what about mealworms?? i ask this because i had been feeding my lizard mealworms and i recently found out that mealworms cause spinal problems in fence lizards and i have a few left over that are still alive will my ping enjoy the mealworms equally or should i just not give them to it????

no. meal worms are too strong and hard shelled. you could POSSIBLY mash them up into a paste and use a bit of that on the leaves but not a whole live worm.
Alex

i just got it tonight a few hours ago and i took the lid off and it looks like it is dying already whats going on?

Last edited:
lid? pings?! pinguicula are the butterworts.
Alex

As for pictures. make an account with photobucket or another image hosting site. copy the code and paste it on here!
Alex

it came like that with a lid all of lowes carnivorous plants come like that i always take the lids off and keep em off tho cause there really is no need for a lid here in bama

Mar02_09.jpg
here is my ping i got from lowes whats goin on with it?

Last edited:
oh! that lid! haha. keep it on and GRADUALLY over the course of maby 2 weeks take it off. it has to adjust to lower humidity. that is P. primuliflora by the way. it can die suddenly so watch out.
Alex

should i trade it out for something that has a better chance of surviving?

no itll be ok. i said it could die suddenly because its very prone to rot and fungus. mine had been on a windowsill for a while....watered, healthy and about to flower. then over the course of 3 days....it dies. no clue why. it just shrivled up and turned black. its an easy plant....just unpredictable IMOE.
Alex

Pulverized freezed dried bloodworms work well.

Don't snort them like I did.

Man, I'm beginning to worry about you: a CO2 regulator bursting in your face and nearly a lungful of supercooled gases, a mouthful of bleach, and now a snootful of bloodworms :-D

It was an accident lmao. Throat closed up lol.

Back