What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heh as you can tell I like taking pictures...:banana2:

P. 'Huahuapan'
dscn3550.jpg

P. 'Sethos'
DSCN3552.jpg

P. 'Titan', which I recently transplanted and moved to the shelf
DSCN3553.jpg

Time to make leaf cuttings....

DSCN3554.jpg

P. laueana
DSCN3556.jpg

P. moranensis 'D' which has made a flower bud after transplanting
DSCN3558.jpg

The soil it was in had fertilizer or something, so I repotted it last week, and a flower appeared.

P. potosiensis
DSCN3564.jpg

Will the plant ever get bigger than this? Or will it always look like this?

-Ben

Last edited:
your P. x 'Sethos' is splitting too?

Yeah seems like it. It did that after I cut the flower off.

-Ben

Very nice. Is that your Drosera venusta lurking behind P. 'Titan'. Looks great too.

Thanks.

Yup that's my D. venusta.

-Ben

Very nice pictures and pings.

Come over and take pics of MY plants!

Very nice pics!!
yeah mine did so after flowering as well.

Come over and take pics of MY plants!

Heh, anytime, Jim. Might cost you a few plants though...

lol j/k.

Very nice pics!!
yeah mine did so after flowering as well.
Thanks! I wonder why they do that?

Apparently, now that two people have had Joseph's P. "Red 1" or P. "Unknown Red" or whatever flower, it has been identified as P. laueana.

-Ben

Ben - as I've said before, I love your 'sethos.' It is absolutely beautiful. It is even more amazing now that it is splitting. I wonder why it is doing that. Do you fill up your tray with water and let it dry out between waterings? Like a large tray method? Or do you top water?

Keep up the good work man.

xvart.

Thanks!

Yeah I wonder why it's doing that too; Joseph says his sometimes do that after flowering as well.

Yup, I just fill a giant tray up with water maybe like 2 inches deep or so, prolly less I'm not really sure. Then, I just let it get used up, and let the tray stay dry for a few days, and then repeat. I top-water my Neps though.

-Ben

Hey, what are your lighting specifics? Like fixtures, bulbs, watts, distance from lights, photoperiod, etc.? I'd like to get similar coloration from my little ping seedlings.

Yup, I just fill a giant tray up with water maybe like 2 inches deep or so, prolly less I'm not really sure. Then, I just let it get used up, and let the tray stay dry for a few days, and then repeat. I top-water my Neps though.

Yeah, that's what I do, too; except, I have a ton of little trays and not one big tray which is really annoying because they all use up the water at different speeds and I'm constantly rearranging my shelf to get at the ones in the back!

xvart.

Hey, what are your lighting specifics? Like fixtures, bulbs, watts, distance from lights, photoperiod, etc.? I'd like to get similar coloration from my little ping seedlings.

Kind of fixture doesn't matter, just make sure it fits your bulb, and is cheap.

I have four 40w bulbs (two fixtures); two 5000k/2200 lumens and two 6500k/3050 lumens bulbs (one of each in each fixture). I'd say that they're about 4" or so under the lights, and I think the photoperiod is like 12 hours now, or something like that. I'll extend it to like 15 soon, although I should change it to 13 now....

Yeah, that's what I do, too; except, I have a ton of little trays and not one big tray which is really annoying because they all use up the water at different speeds and I'm constantly rearranging my shelf to get at the ones in the back!

xvart.

Heh, yeah, I had to do that in my terrarium, and it was so annoying having to take out the plants individually and then fill up their little saucer. Plus, the plants got bruised and bumped and stuff when I was doing that. This giant tray method is really easy. :banana2:

-Ben

Very nice plants. I specially like your P. laueana.

Very nice pings.. I don't have any in my collection yet, but from seeing these pictures when I find one at Lowes I'm buying it..

Thanks for the info. Again, awesome plants!

wow, i need pings like that...:-(

Drosera36,

All you photos are fantastic! :bigthumpup:

What camera do you use?

You get some very clear, focused and detailed pictures that I've never been able to achieve with my 5MP Canon PowerShot A95……

Actually, my camera isn’t the problem, it’s the operator……… ;)

Anyway, what’s your secret dude? :hail:

Back