Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SOS!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have grown my primuliflora really wet no rot and really dry.
    BUT when it was really wet it was in the full hawaiin sun all day
    long.........

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of Drosera do you have? Take a look at this link (photo album). Maybe you'll recognize it by a picture.

Give your plants several days to weeks to acclimate. Find a decent spot for them, with adequate lighting, and let them recover.http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...006/?start=all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's most similar to this one

what i did was holding out in water but keeping it moist, and cut off the dry leaves, and ther's a new leaf coming out and it looks healthy, but i dont wanna jinks it.... my Ping and Drosera are together in front of a wondow, so they have light, but not direct sun. the drosera eats a lot and they get a lot of light since im lighting them in the evening. im still a little depressed but im hoping for the best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from most cp's within a genera looking way too much alike, especially to newer hobbyists (like myself), this particular plant is a cross between P. launea & P. emarginata. A lot of them have that paddle shaped leaf. You may actually have a P. moranensis or a "false" weser. Not that it is crucial to cultivation, but it would be nice to know. Any chance you can take a picture of your plants and get them posted?

I'm sure you ping will be fine. I also remove dead leaves and plunk them back in the media. They don't react. Any time you see new growth, the plant is fine. Don't change its conditions!

Does your sundew look anything like these?

D. adelae

D. spatulata

D. capensis

These sundews are very common and very easy to cultivate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now that you've mentioned it, the ticket that came with my ping did say "weser"! what did you mean by "false weser"? is that good or bad??
    2 new leaves so far, i think it's slowly healing
    my sundew has smaller leaves. i'd take a picture, but my brother took my camera to Thailand, so it might take a while...

but it kinda looks like this one
    http://site.voila.fr/plantes-carnivores/aliciae.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know, I just don't remember the details about what the "false weser" really is, but somehow the tissue cultured plants are differentiated from the "true" weser. Lol! And since many Mexican pings look way too similar to one another, I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference to the average hobbyist out there. Now if you are specifically collecting Mexican pings and want "one of everything", then it makes a difference.

Now this one is the true weser. It came from a real ping expert (Pinguiculaman) a/k/a Joseph Clemens:

Does this look significantly different from yours?

Cameras: I've got two at home and no computer to upload it to. So I borrow from willing friends and use a USB with a library computer.

Any of those sundews look like anything you have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont have sundews like yours... al my plants are smaller and dont have these long leaves. if i see that i can provide for my 3 plants good conditions also over the winter, i'll probably get some more, but i'm not going crazy over this right now. im just a beginer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You MUST check this topic within a topic out!

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...opic=22512&hl=

Some folks are way too advanced for me!

BTW, I felt as you, 4 years ago. All I wanted to do is keep a VFT alive for more than 3 months and figure out what the local DIY's were selling - genus and species name. And that led me to stumble upon this discusssion forum. Never even knew discussion forums even existed, much less one for this hobby.

You may actually have this species, which looks similar to D. aliciae - a D. spatulata. This was my vdry first sundew and it kept on spreading through the roots.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast