What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. agnata (CSUF) x P. moctezumae - Not P. 'Aphrodite'

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
I have selected this clone of the hybrid of (Pinguicula agnata (CSUF) x Pinguicula moctezumae) for possible future registration as a cultivar, other than Pinguicula 'Aphrodite', which has the same two species as parents. I have given it a temporary identification as my (Pinguicula agnata (CSUF) x Pinguicula moctezumae) [Clone A1].

Here is an older photo of this clone:
agnataCSUF_moctezumae_1040.jpg

And here is a more recent photo -- with the flower partially backlit and more of a closeup:

P_agnata_%28CSUF%29xP_moctezumae_clone_A1_009.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! when will you start distributing this lovely cultivar? :-D

peter

I agree, it would make a good cultivar!

great plant, do you have any more pics of the whole plant?
looks much more red than the aphrodite, better flower too.
aphrodite is my largest ping, I really like it, and a new cross would be great!

A handsome plant.... reminds me of P. moctezumae x kohres.

Warning, this image is a link to an even higher resolution pic of the plant. If you're not on broadband -- beware (3.7 MB):

Last edited:
Great plant, thanks.
I want one.

Nice plant. What is CSUF?

Any potential name ideas yet?

xvart.

CSUF is California State University Fullerton.

Isn't P. agnata [CSUF] scented? Do these flowers have a scent? It's an awesome plant either way!

Yes, they have scent, apparently inherited from the mother plant, Pinguicula agnata (CSUF).
P_agnata_CSUF_2b.jpg

Just an additional plus for this clone, but not stronger than that mother plant's fragrance.

I have propagated this clone, with about six plants that are flowering size and several dozen more that are small but coming along nicely. So far it seems stable with the flowers and foliage appearing identical in each of the leaf-pulling divisions.

I have just now begun thinking of possible names for this potential cultivar.

Last edited:
Back