What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PINGS

some pings
crop
crop.jpg

'Pirouette'
piroette.jpg

moranensis
morroasii.jpg

jaumavensis
jaumavensis.jpg

gardencenterweser
gardencenterweser.jpg

"Apasionada"
apashinata.jpg

tray
tray1.jpg

tray
tray2.jpg

peace,
Zero

Excellent pictures. My favorite is definitely the 'Pirouette'.

xvart.

Nice plants and pics, thanks for sharing.

Looking real good!

nice! what potting mix do you use?

Very NICE :D
I'd like to know about the mix,mine do great but there roots could be a little stronger.
I am hoping to get a ping setup soon.

Those are some really attractive plants!

I like jaumavensis :love:

potting mix is 1:1:1:1 vermiculite, pearlite, quartz sand, and peat.
my new mix which I don't like is APS, peat, pearlite, and vermiculite, too much breakdown of the soil.
I'm going to switch back to the 1111 mix after the holidays.

wow, I really want a Jaumavensis. I like the coloring!

I second that remark... I've never seen them anywhere are they a more rare type of ping?

I don't think jaumavensis is rare, but they are a small ping and according to Jimscott are hard
to ship. I think I have had them up for trade a few times? I have about 50 of them right now.
they get a nice pink color under floros. LOL, last winter I tried to split a clump of them and ended up with LOTS of leaf pullings, instead of split plants.
cropped pic of jaumavensis
jaucrop.jpg

they look like little flowers, thats what a lot of people tell me. they are surprised when I say those are the leaves and they kill bugs for fertilizer.
peace,
Zero

Yours is the only that made it to me alive and well. Once established, they are one of the easier ones to propogate from leaf pullings.

Again, zero, BEAUTIFUL plants!
I am glad you mentioned your potting mix. Last spring I started messing with APS with mixed results. I will soon repot some pings and check out the breakdown.
I seem to have had consistent success with 1:1:1:1 sand, peat, APS, and perlite.

I think I will try your method if it means my pings will lokk like yours!

Back