What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. lusitanica issues

HI All,

Last spring I received some P.lusitanica seeds and planted them in a 1/2 peat 1/2 perlite media.They haven't grown much at all after I thinned them out. I have 2 about the size of a pinhead right now and was wondering what to do. Should I replant them in different media,fertilize them or move them closer to the lights? So far, I have had great success with my Mexican pings but can't seem to grow a ping that can become a "weed" in some collections, go figure.Thanks in advace for tips.
Mark Wilson

I know that P Primulfirlora loves lfs with perilite that is very wet or you can grow them moist(done that too) maybe it may enjoy lfs more than peat based medias.

I have the same sized seedlings on a window sill. I'm just assuming that since it is winter, with the lower photoperiod, its growing season is just around the corner. If it were me, I would leave them be.

Mine were planted last April or May when I received the seeds from BCK.Should you keep them more wet then dry? I have not had much trouble with growing my other pings in 2" pots under flourescent lighting, standing in water like Joseph does.

They're indiginous to the UK, so they are temperate. I would keep them more moist than the Mexican pings.

Back