What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping ID please

Just wondering if anyone can give these pings IDs.

Thanks in advance!

DSCN4468.jpg

DSCN4302.jpg

DSCN4300.jpg

DSCN4225.jpg

Possibly P. weser.

hmmmmm.....which one?? I have 4 different pics up of 4 different pings so Im not sure which one you are talking about :) I have them all labeled like I got them but the flowers dont look like the names I have for that particular plant, so I figured I must have gotten thier labels mixed up.....here are the labels I have for them:
P. Sethos (pic #1)
P. Weser (pic #2)
P. moranensis x ehlersiae (sp?) (pic #3)
The last one I thought was P. moranensis x ehlersiae but the flower looks different than the others I have marked as such...... (pic #4)

Thanks for the help :)
Victoria

The first pic is P. 'Tina' no doubts about that one.

The other 3 are moranensis x ehlersiae though none look to match the official descriptions for the cultivars so likely they are the DeGrosse bogus clones. Who did you get them from?? That would help with ruling out official vs. bogus

Thanks Pyro! Im pretty sure I got those 3 pings about a year ago from jimscott (thanks again for your generosity jim! :) )

I sent her bogus clones? :0o: Sounds like a Star Wars thing. Seriously, I did and do have moranensis x ehleresiae, tina, sethos, true weser,... and those were likely sent out.

It's probably the photos as Joseph often struggles to try to do justice to photos of the true 'weser'.

Well Jim, Victoria,

That being the case then the 'Sethos' and 'Weser' (if they were reported to be the true things) would likely trace back to me.

And if that is so then I would have to say the likely ID is:

'Tina'
'Weser'
moranensis x ehlersiae
'Sethos'

Is it just me, or do a majority of Ping flowers look all the same?

I guess I'm just not a flower-guy........ :(

Is it just me, or do a majority of Ping flowers look all the same?

I guess I'm just not a flower-guy........ :(

:grin: my wife has the same problem..........but she has the problem both ways.....she has a hard time noticing the minor variations that make things differentand at the same time will look at something like different iris's or petunia's or peony's or whatever and cant figure out why they are the same species when the flowers look so different weither its color, a double flower versus a single or whatever else, she cant see the simularities that make them the same species or genus..........she gets frustrated as hell plant shopping with me for trees or perenials cause i know what i want.......drives her nuts that i can tell from a glance that a 20 foot bench not only has 5 different species of pine and juniper but that they also dont have what im looking for after all a evergreen is a evergreen isnt it?

I notice everything :D I look very close since my vision is bad so I examine everything.......

When I see Mexican butterworts flowers, a lot of them have that fuschia color, with like 5 petals. I can't look at them and deciper which is which. But when flowers are put in a post, side by side, then I see the differences in the corollas. It takes time to see your own plants flower before you can recognize which is which.

Back