Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really Red!!!

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap thbjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This little P. reticulata is just a baby from a leaf pulling, but the color is already very nice.

Thanks JimScott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P. planifolia is the redest plant i have seen, but it can be a bit touchy to grow, and i have been looking for it with no luck.... I have alot of Mexican Pings that are very nice shades of red, pink, orange, purple, and copper. almost all of the mexican pings will show good color if they are under good light. I grow my pings under full spectrum T5 flourescents and they all have very good color. Some notable plants are agnata Red Leaf, Seductora, Weser, Sethos, laueana, cyclosecta, and moranensis X ehlersea. Not all of them are red but all of them show good color and are easy to grow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Sgardner. I just got a planifolia from a friend of mine ... dang, it is pretty red!! i have great lighting in the greenhouse, so i'll be seeing how red it can get! and PAK, i agree with you -- pings do have this tenancy to "grow" on ya!! i just started more or less, and i can see how pings can get addicting... lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Just wondering if anybody ever bought P. planifolia from Lee's Botanical Gardens. The price for them are comparatively inexpensive and I want to know if the plants come in good condition. You can post or PM me if you have any information. Thanks.

Johnny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my P.ehlersiae. It can turn beautiful red colour in high intensity of light

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12