User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New ping, just transplant shock?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New ping, just transplant shock?

Yesterday I got my first ping (a P. Agnata) ever though the mail from Andy. As I'm a bit of a newbie to non-VFT CPs as it is, I'm not sure how they react for a couple days after the shock of being transplanted.

When it arrived it looked like a perfect little plant, however very quickly the lower leaves browned and the top ones have become very pale. I dont know if this is anything to worry about or I should just relax and give it a week or so to adjust to its new home.

I took this pic just tonight, I will try another one n the morning when I have some natural light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the little guy will be fine. I got 2 tiny ones from Andy as bonus plants and they came back very strong.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be fine. Just put it at a window sill or under artificial lighting, open tray.

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that P. agnata is a slow grower, so you won't necessarily see it perk up as quickly as you would like. My P. agnata looked worse than that when I transplanted, and it has since doubled in size.

It'll be fine. One last thing... they do not like to be waterlogged, so I would let the tray dry up before you water again.