What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing water in trays

Hi all,
I was wondering how often people change their water in their trays.I hadn't been doing it but had noticed that my original gypsicola wasn't doing real well.
I had basically been just adding water when it had gotten low.I pulled out it's pot and man did it smell rank.I took the whole shoebox outside and rinsed it out and used a small bottle my Wife got from her brothers vet clinic and rinsed out all the pots.Not sure it has ehlped any yet so I was wondering if other do it quite often or not.
Mark W.

I change my water about once a month and wash the inside of the trays with a clean sponge. The water always turns brown again anyways because of the tannins in the peat moss but it helps rid any accumulative salts and minerals in the tray.

I clean my trays when the grunge in the bottom gets too disgusting looking or there's a lot of debris like seeds (blasted elm trees!), leaves and dead bugs.

Back