Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Pure APS with a thin layer of long fiber sphagnum on the bottom. The P. cyclosecta and P. debbertiana I got from pingman and looks like a mix of sand and APS but he uses pure APS too. The P. agnata x gypsicola I bought potted and looks like a mix of peat, perlite/pumice, vermiculite, sand and who knows what else.
    Very nice Pings, I like all of them

And All of my Mexician Pings using APS are growing very well, except P.gypsicola. I guessed it does not like the APS (neutral) is not alkaline enough

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's another one of Leo Song's crosses from California State University Fullerton and at one time was quite common in stores in the US.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are all nice looking plants, Does your cyclosecta spend alot of the year in a winter rosette? I have had my cyclosecta for 3 years and it has never produced a winter rosette yet. The debbertiana is awesome looking, i have not had the pleasure of growing one yet, but after looking at yours i am going to have to find one. Thanks for sharing the pics, and great photography.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice plants Warren!

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgardner View Post
    Those are all nice looking plants, Does your cyclosecta spend alot of the year in a winter rosette? I have had my cyclosecta for 3 years and it has never produced a winter rosette yet.
    I don't recall when it phased into the winter leaves but it cycled through more quickly than any of the others I have. The P. esseriana is still in transition. A few of them the succulent leaves would transform to spring/summer leaves. Others would just start growing summer leaves.

I should have done more pullings on the P. debbertiana. The one that I did had multiple plantlets but is down to only one now.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12