What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone ever made hybrids of warm-temp pings?

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Has anyone ever made hybrids with warm-temp pings? Like P. Lutea crossed with P. Primuiflora?

While we are on the subject of Warm-temp pings, are P. Lutea and P. Planiflora difficult to grow?

I have a P. lutea and it grows just fine with a peat/sand mix under grow lamps. I keep it drier than my P. primul which I pretty much submerge 1/3 of the way. I am picking up my P. plani today and I read that it grows in even wetter conditions than P. primul so I will try to emulate that and see how it goes.

Also, is it just me or are P. lutea very.."veiny?" I'll post up a picture...actually, I don't even know if it's P. lutea or caerulea because they haven't flowered, but hopefully, someone can identify them.

Also, is it just me or are P. lutea very.."veiny?" I'll post up a picture...actually, I don't even know if it's P. lutea or caerulea because they haven't flowered, but hopefully, someone can identify them.

Well, I've heard Lutea is difficult to keep long-term in cultivation. In "The Savage Garden", it says the plants flower for months while the plants whither away.

To my knowledge, Lutea looks a little more....yellowish. Notice the leaves on Lutea are a yellow-green color, but the leaves on Caerulea are just green.

P. Lutea:
Graines_Pinguicula_Lutea_Seeds_Yellow_Butterwort

P. Caerulea:
pcaer01.jpg

Hmm..i guess i got both then. I'll have to take a picture of my Lutea to show u the veins...they're like thick green veins on a yellowish-green leaf.

As for my P. planifolia, the package arrived but I forgot to pick it up and it was sitting in my mailbox for a day or so. Upon removing all 5 of them, 3 of them have rotted and by today, all of them have rotted. So I guess I can't really make a fair judgement on how well they grow except I've read they are difficult. Sigh.

On the other hand, my P. ionanthas from the same package are doing just fine.

Hmm..i guess i got both then. I'll have to take a picture of my Lutea to show u the veins...they're like thick green veins on a yellowish-green leaf.

As for my P. planifolia, the package arrived but I forgot to pick it up and it was sitting in my mailbox for a day or so. Upon removing all 5 of them, 3 of them have rotted and by today, all of them have rotted. So I guess I can't really make a fair judgement on how well they grow except I've read they are difficult. Sigh.

On the other hand, my P. ionanthas from the same package are doing just fine.

Sorry for the lose of your Planiflora. :(

How long have you been growing the Lutea?

Back