User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Has anyone ever made hybrids of warm-temp pings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone ever made hybrids of warm-temp pings?

Has anyone ever made hybrids with warm-temp pings? Like P. Lutea crossed with P. Primuiflora?
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we are on the subject of Warm-temp pings, are P. Lutea and P. Planiflora difficult to grow?

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a P. lutea and it grows just fine with a peat/sand mix under grow lamps. I keep it drier than my P. primul which I pretty much submerge 1/3 of the way. I am picking up my P. plani today and I read that it grows in even wetter conditions than P. primul so I will try to emulate that and see how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, is it just me or are P. lutea very.."veiny?" I'll post up a picture...actually, I don't even know if it's P. lutea or caerulea because they haven't flowered, but hopefully, someone can identify them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spycspider2 View Post
    Also, is it just me or are P. lutea very.."veiny?" I'll post up a picture...actually, I don't even know if it's P. lutea or caerulea because they haven't flowered, but hopefully, someone can identify them.

Well, I've heard Lutea is difficult to keep long-term in cultivation. In "The Savage Garden", it says the plants flower for months while the plants whither away.

To my knowledge, Lutea looks a little more....yellowish. Notice the leaves on Lutea are a yellow-green color, but the leaves on Caerulea are just green.

P. Lutea:

P. Caerulea:

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm..i guess i got both then. I'll have to take a picture of my Lutea to show u the veins...they're like thick green veins on a yellowish-green leaf.

As for my P. planifolia, the package arrived but I forgot to pick it up and it was sitting in my mailbox for a day or so. Upon removing all 5 of them, 3 of them have rotted and by today, all of them have rotted. So I guess I can't really make a fair judgement on how well they grow except I've read they are difficult. Sigh.

On the other hand, my P. ionanthas from the same package are doing just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spycspider2 View Post
    Hmm..i guess i got both then. I'll have to take a picture of my Lutea to show u the veins...they're like thick green veins on a yellowish-green leaf.

As for my P. planifolia, the package arrived but I forgot to pick it up and it was sitting in my mailbox for a day or so. Upon removing all 5 of them, 3 of them have rotted and by today, all of them have rotted. So I guess I can't really make a fair judgement on how well they grow except I've read they are difficult. Sigh.

On the other hand, my P. ionanthas from the same package are doing just fine.
    Sorry for the lose of your Planiflora.

How long have you been growing the Lutea?

Wolfn's Growlist