Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: P. Primuliflora

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P. Primuliflora

Ibought a Ping from Lowes and it is most likely this one. I've managed to get it out of the plastic box and to have it growing without a lid or plastic bag over it. Are there any tips you all can give me concerning its care? I heard it's a little tempramental. I'm growing it indoors in flourescent and natural light. It's growing in a mixture of sphagnum moss and pearlite. My humidity runs between 60 and 80%. The leaves on the plant are light green. I haven't found any posts on it so hopefully someone else here grows this one. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I haven't found any posts on it so hopefully someone else here grows this one.
    Hmm... Did you use the search button?

http://terraforums.com/forums/showth....+Primuliflora

P. Primuliflora is not tempermental. It's a pretty hardy and adaptable species.
    Last edited by xvart; 07-15-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an easy and enigmatic plant. My best success with this one was to put it in a relatively deep and wide plastic pot, in a plastic container, at a south sill. I watered from overhead whenever the water was almost out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. No, I haven't found the search button. I'm really pretty new to forums too. I would love to see a large plant. Do either of you have one you can show me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let it grow in high humidity for a bit and then gradually wean it off. Although with high humidity, I tend to notice the leaves are more delicate, but bigger. With low humidity, they are tougher and more curvy. I grow mine outdoors in half-peat half-sphagnum in Houston (100+ degrees) between pots of tall pitcher plants, always 1/3 of the way submerged or more. And theyr'e spreading like weeds. They seem to like the water as long as it's not stagnant. They can burn easily if not adjusted to full-sun and also rot easily if not accustomed to frequent watering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow my Pings under artificial light. The Ping in question has been growing short, narrow leaves. I was wondering if this is a sign of too much or too little light. It's holding its own. I cut all the dead leaves off of it and I have it sitting in a small bowl containig distilled water. Any insight concerning the leaves will be greatly appreciated.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could usa a deep and wide pot. Water once or twice a week, when it's almost empty. You can trim the dead material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm growing it in a three inch plastic pot. It really is very small. I can put it in a four inch, if necessary. I guess if it's growing something must be right that I'm doing. I have a P. moranensis that seems to be doing well. That plant came with a flower bud but I don't think it's going to bloom. Thanks for the reply.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast