What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ping gifts

Nightsky,

Getting the moss to grow is not be choice, it just does... it seems to love APS. I do occasionally fertilize the pings which Im sure adds to the moss.

I water from the top, but they are in a humid enviroment. If I put them more in the "air flow" the surface dries rather fast.

APS might be ideal for the tray method... just depends on your individual conditions

Av

Do you have any suggestions for APS, I might switch my pings to it.
I was unable to locate APS locally. Apparently the big box stores that stocked it the past few seasons have stopped. Based on Av's research, Lesco sells the same stuff as APS as Turface Profile - infield conditioner for baseball fields. I purchased a 50lb bag a few weeks ago for ~$10-11.00. There's also the stuff Swords located at NAPA.

Would pure Perlite work similarly to APS?

My pings are currently in a standard peat-perlite mix, I wonder if switching to something less organic would help them take off. :)

I might just check my local NAPA out. Is that media alkaline?

Would pure Perlite work similarly to APS?

I don't think the performance of the two would be similar. APS seems to be porous and holds moisture and air.

I might just check my local NAPA out. Is that media alkaline?

Jim I don't know...but being labeled for aquatic plant use, I would suspect slightly acidic if not neutral. Oil dry product pH can vary depending on where the base mineral is being mined. The largest supplier has 3 or 4 mines.
IIRC the west coast mine provides a product that can reach about an 8.

But dont hold me to that....

see this thread
Av

Strange, how did you get into such a large?

Back