What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula Pictures

p_03.jpg

p_07.jpg

p_01.jpg

p_06.jpg

p_05.jpg

p_04.jpg

p_02.jpg

Simply stunning!

Nice plants and photos - thanks for sharing them with us.

The flower you have labeled as Pinguicula gigantea, isn't. Here are some links to this species in flower **link1**, **link2** coloration varies, but the form is most always the same.

It may possibly be the cultivar, Pinguicula 'John Rizzi'.

Last edited:
Thanks, SeanH and Joseph!

Joseph, thanks for correct id Pinguicla. I have it for almost two years. I take two pictures of labeled as Pinguicula gigantea.

p_08.jpg

The flower is about 1 1/2 inches length (top to bottom)

p_09.jpg

Two plants are in one pot. One plant (front) is about 3 inches. Other plant (back) is about 5 inches and has flower.

You do very well with them!

im with Joseph.....that doesnt look like my gigantea plant........though unlike Joseph i defiantly dont have the expertize to give you a suggestion as to what it is......

Very nice plants. The ping you have labeled as P. gigantea looks more like my P. 'John Rizzi' or some form of moranensis.

I looked up the Google to compare the flowers. You are correct. It is not P. gigantea . It looks more like P. 'John Rizzi'. I am waiting for P. moranensis flower bud to open and able to compare with mislabeled Pinguicula.

Thanks! I appreciate it. I will looking for P. gigantea with correct label. My husband thinks that I am :crazy: .

You'll like P. gigantea. As the name implies, they can get gigantor! Mine is not very big, but I have seen pictures :-D

How do you tell different between P. 'John Rizzi' and P. moranensis?

P. moranensis

P_moranensis_Flower.jpg

P_moranensis.jpg

Back