What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is my ping doing?

I lost my other Ping because I accidentally watered it when it was trying to flower and it rotted.

So, I quit watering this one when it started to do weird things with its leaves. But, what is it doing? It was growing from one crown, but now it seems to have 3 now? ???
I was told that this was P. moranensis.

This is my first winter with CP's, just started growing them this summer to go with my orchids. Thank you for your help, I am still learning about these.

they will split into more than one plant sometimes, usually after flowering. when they get bigger you can pull them apart and you will have 3 pings. why aren't you you watering it?
peace,
Zero

It had grown a couple of weird leaves and I thought it was going into the dry winter rest. Am I wrong? When should I cut watering?

i have a few pings too (moranensis, agnata, cyclosecta), your plant looks more like a p. sethos. ive had mine for about 2yrs i keep them watered year round and when it gets cooler i keep them on the window sill, and they produce there succulent like leaves, my moranensis and agnata produced and offset before and im hopeing they do it again. I think when they mean dry you dont water as often, but still keep the plant moist. so i would say keep them in standing water year round, about 1/4 the way up the pot during spring/summer, and 1/8 up the pot during fall/winter.

Back