What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. primuliflora blooming 3/22

Here's a shot of my P. primuliflora blooming today after spending the winter in my garage and basement. I guess I can now claim to have successfully overwintered it in my minibog containing other temperate CPs.

ping322.jpg

Very nice. Mine rotted away, so I have to buy a new one. The problem is that I transplanted it repeatedly over the past year into various soils and that brought on the death of my P. Primuiflora collection.

But yeah, they have pretty flowers.

I got my first Primuiflora 2 weeks ago, seems to be dying but it's about to bloom.... Got to master these pings....

Here's what I do. You buy dried sphagnum at Lowes. Wet it, place in a pot, plant your plants, then put the pot in a container holding standing water. Keep outside all year if you can, if not, bring in in the winter and place on windowsill. They will catch their own food outside. Just make sure to not let the water they stand in evaporate away. I grow all the different southern pings that way.

Back