What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 new pings

Im newbie on pings, these ones are my first. Do they look healthy ? Did also take some leaf pullings before they got potted in these pots shown in the pics.

Pinguicula primuliflora:

Pinguicula x weser:

Have a nice day!

What media are they in?

They look very nice, Xeno. :)

hm the media is my self testing one u can say.. Did take some peat for the rotts to dig in then some dead spagnum moss and some sand, perlite topped with volcano small rocks for hold the moistness. I fiured that this mix could be nice since i dont wonna have a water tray.

They look great so far. Time will tell how they take the change in growing conditions. Good luck!

I would put the P. primuliflora in LFS / orchid moss.

A update 2 and 1/2 week later on the Pinguicula x weser :)
the primuflora looks mutch better also but havnt taken any pic on it now.

What u say guys do the Pinguicula x weser seem to like my growing conditions iff u look at the pics from when i got it at top on this thread and this pic here ?

Looks rather happy so far to me. Are you feeding it fish food?

Yes its a test.. I did buy some fish "flake" food and crushed that to tiny parts and have used it on 2 leaves just to se what happens :p any idea on it iff it works ?

I thought it was bloodworms, not "fish food", that you feed CPs?

My CPs like Bloodworms, as long as you don't go nuts -- too many at once will cause the leaves to "choke". My P. Moreansis died back to an itty bitty thing after I overfed it.

Edit: By overfed, I mean, "You couldn't see much leaf left". ;)

Bloodworms, fish food - it's all protein.

I wonder if my pings would like "Guppy Flakes". I'm running out of the freezed dried bloodworm.

Back