What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ping going to bloom?!

thez_yo

instigator
OMG did I keep one alive long enough to bloom?!

P8210227.jpg

Congrats thez! That is a scape!

Nice! Which one is it? Not great on Ping IDs

I think it's P. 'Titan' from Home Depot :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!
My P. 'Titan' grow weird.
They are small for much of the year and randomly grow larger for a couple of months out of the year?

Dunno, have only had it for a year since rescuing from H.D. and in that time it melted, started two growth points, and it's been the same size since..

Show us another picture in September!

Thanks!

I'm sure you'll see pics when it blooms cuz OMG I can't believe I can keep it alive let alone make it bloom!

P8300071.jpg

P8300070.jpg

P8300069.jpg

...so is it P. 'Titan'? It's so purple and pretty!

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems like mine isn't Titan because the bottom petals aren't long enough and mine are a darker color even though the "Home Depot and Death Cubes" rescue thread claims that they are..any idea on what it actually is?

Color and shape are difficult to compare between photographs. Unless the images have been calibrated to a standard there is too much variation due to lighting and how the images may been corrected (or not). Shape can vary due to the maturity of the flower, distance, angle and length of the lens.

Is there any fragrance to the flowers? That seems to be a characteristic of P. 'Titan'.

I'll have to get back to you on scent or no because I'm out of town ATM, but I'll try to get back to you on that one in a couple of days..thanks for the help in the meantime.

The flower itself reminds me of P. gigantea x moctezumae:

Picture001-6.jpg

So it does actually have a faint smell to it...I guess I'll wait out the labeled Titans I just got through the mail til blooming and then compare the two.

What are the condition needing for bloom?

What are the condition needing for bloom?

My only ping died right after blooming, so in my case, conditions don't matter.

All you have to do is yell at it every night "YOU WILL FLOWER!", you would be surprised. :-))

Oh oops, didn't see this. I put my plants outside so I don't know if it's temps or amount of light hours, but feeding them *definitely* helps. Mine didn't bloom til I smeared some cricket guts on them XD.

Back