What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tips for P. 'Tina' cultivation

Hi everyone. I got a flowered P. 'Tina' a few days ago and was wondering anyone can provide a general care for this species like light, water, dormancy etc... Greatly Appreciate ur help

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you post a picture? I would be keeping a minimal amout of water for the next several months and lower the temps bit. A south-facing window sill woud be good. An airy mix of soil media is recommended.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Here's the basic idea:

Picture019-4.jpg

Mine survive anywere, had them in my terrarium waterlogged for half a year, somewere in the shade, outside for a while etc, they just keep getting bigger :p

Are those gravel does a good job with wicking water to the surface? It is hard for me to get sphagnum moss for me.

I'm using APS. It's great for drainage. Mexican pings don't need their roots to be moist all the time.

I grow mine in substrates composed entirely of mineral mixtures (this was inspired by Eric Partrat of Pinguicula.org) - no organic ingredients at all, except Trichoderma harzianum inoculum and dried, ground, insect powder. You can read about how I grow Mexican Pinguicula --> here and here.

Last edited:
Back