Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: new seeds and bloom ? Oo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joseph first of all thanks for all the info and help ^.^
    second, the seeds are so tiny and its hard to handle them gently without messing all around
    so i made the best i could, i used clean glove(the one's that doctors use) and i took seed by seed with my finger and dropped them gently on the moist media(when i first filled the boxes with soil i waited for the soil to become moist before sowing) with some distance form each other.
    is that ok ? i mean i afraid to do more since they so tiny, i cant even see them after i dropped them.
    and how much hours of light the seed needs ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have mentioned that I usually only sow about 1/2 of the seed in the first sowing (in case something goes wrong). That way there are more seeds to try again. But I do sometimes just sow it all at the same time. For germinating seed, 24 hour of continuous light can be beneficial.

Once the seed begins to germinate I often transplant them to individual pots using a dissecting needle and a magnifying lens. They usually grow faster without competition.

From your description it sounds like you did just fine.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shinsuko View Post
    second, the seeds are so tiny and its hard to handle them gently without messing all around
    so i made the best i could, i used clean glove(the one's that doctors use) and i took seed by seed with my finger and dropped them gently on the moist media
    I do sowing this way with very small seeds like Drosera:

1. Take a piece of white paper
    2. Fold a sharp fold and unfold
    3. Open the seed packet holding it above the paper and pouring the seeds on the paper (as much as I want to sow)
    4. Fold paper again and hold it above the surface of the prepared pot, slightly downward to the soil
    5. Sow by tapping gently on the paper, so the seeds are pouring out the paper fold and on the soil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i already sowed all my seeds in those boxes and now all i have to do is to wait, prey, and look from time to time that the big box have enough water on the bottom. i hope to see something next month with magnifying lens.
    and again thanks to all of you for the info and support.

next month i'll bring another ultrasonic fogger for additional humidity and i wanted to ask
    so i heard that GA3 something acid is a good thing to help seeds to germinate, is that true ? anyone here used that before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    next month i'll bring another ultrasonic fogger for additional humidity
    Don't overdo!

i heard that GA3 something acid is a good thing to help seeds to germinate, is that true ?
    Depends on.

If you have seeds with normal germination, that will germinate easily when sown on moist substrate and given proper lighting and temperature, then GA3 will be something between useless or harmful or prevent all germination.

If you have seeds that require a special treatment before germinating well, such like cold treatment, heat treatment or smoke treatment, then you can replace the special treatment of any kind with proper GA3 treatment instead.

GA3 is no replacement for inadequate growing conditions, it just can help the seeds out of the shell if the artificial germinating conditions are not like natural germinating conditions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    Don't overdo!

Depends on.

If you have seeds with normal germination, that will germinate easily when sown on moist substrate and given proper lighting and temperature, then GA3 will be something between useless or harmful or prevent all germination.

If you have seeds that require a special treatment before germinating well, such like cold treatment, heat treatment or smoke treatment, then you can replace the special treatment of any kind with proper GA3 treatment instead.

GA3 is no replacement for inadequate growing conditions, it just can help the seeds out of the shell if the artificial germinating conditions are not like natural germinating conditions.
    first of all im not, its for my germination box the first fogger is in my terra and the second will be in the germination box =P

and i see thanks for the info ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the Double post but my ping bloomed FINALLY
    and finally i know what kind i have =P
    here some photos:

what do you think ? ^.^
    oh by the way i see another forming of flower bud in the middle of my ping, i will have 2 flowers ;D
    *happy*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234