What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maxsea for Mexican pings?

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
I was just curious if anyone has ever tried misting the leaves of mexi pings with Maxsea....I'm eager to try it, but I thought I shoud ask for some input first. Thanks.

So......not a single person has tried doing this? :scratch:

What is Maxsea?

Last edited by a moderator:
testing right now. got some small ones growing outside. no negative effects on day 2. On Drosera that actually have leaves that curl around their prey application of this fertilize causes the same response.

testing right now. got some small ones growing outside. no negative effects on day 2. On Drosera that actually have leaves that curl around their prey application of this fertilize causes the same response.

Interesting...how long have you used it on the Drosera?

for a while now. once a moth if I remember and not on the 3 sisters. More so now that I am seeing that D. regia may actually need and not just benefit from occasional fertilizing

for a while now. once a moth if I remember and not on the 3 sisters. More so now that I am seeing that D. regia may actually need and not just benefit from occasional fertilizing

So you apply it as a foiliar feed?.......have you noticed any postive results?

yes and yes. i see them behave just like they got something good to eat.

yes and yes. i see them behave just like they got something good to eat.

Hmm....I would suspect then that pings should react the same way....Thanks kula, I think I will try this.

but go easy on concentration and use things with redundant back ups....

but go easy on concentration and use things with redundant back ups....

Of course...my standard dose for all CPs is 1/4 tsp per gallon on pretty much everything....seems to be more than enough IMO.

like the Heliamphora , why fertilizer?

there are a carnivorous plants, artificial fertilization for me makes no sense.

in spring -summer-autumn outdoors , they catch enough insects .

see here an example on P. mundi in situ

Pinguicula &Cie

jeff

like the Heliamphora , why fertilizer?

there are a carnivorous plants, artificial fertilization for me makes no sense.

in spring -summer-autumn outdoors , they catch enough insects .

see here an example on P. mundi in situ

Pinguicula &Cie

jeff

Not everyone grows them outside......I tried it once....the earwigs and slugs really gave them a thrashing.

suite

it is the risk , but you can also protect your plants from snail-slug , in my home it is the case.

the Pinguicula like the other carnivorous plants have invented a system of catching and digesting prey , you must let them do their job :bigthumpup: no .

jeff

it is the risk , but you can also protect your plants from snail-slug , in my home it is the case.

the Pinguicula like the other carnivorous plants have invented a system of catching and digesting prey , you must let them do their job :bigthumpup: no .

jeff

Or......I could just keep the plants under my growlights, and give them a few sprays of maxsea every month....

suite

for me it is not the solution , but you make like you want .

it is a carnivorous plants ,not a green plant ordinary .

jeff

Back