What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula agnata "Red Leaf" Update

Ok so the ping I thoght was the weakest and definately going to die is going hard!!!!! It is even making carnivorous leaves. Its still tiny, but it made it through the hard part. It is the frist plant I have ever received bare root and planted that has lived (cp wise).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update Mar. 2 2011:
agantamarch2.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update Feb. 27 2011:
agnatafeb27.jpg

Update Feb. 23 2011:
agnatafeb23.jpg

This is it now: (it has wet ground betta pellets that i just put on to help it with its early spring growth after the shipping and dormancy stress. I also rewet some other dried food on one leaf.
agnatafeb16.jpg

This was it about 2 weeks ago:
Agnataredleafafterpullings.jpg

Last edited:
Certinly inprovment!

suite

the 'red leaf' notion is not a determinant in botanic , it is just a P.agnata no ?

jeff

I don't know what you mean, but this is a plan that gets deep red leaves always. Lok on google images. Its one of the blood red ones,

I received one last month. It came in just fine and then deteriorated to almost nothingness:

100_9148.jpg

DId you order it from Mr. West? ZMine lost almost all of its leaves ecept for two and a broken one before it started to regrow// O have mine in Peat/Perlite with a bit os lfs mixed in. Its unorthodox, but it loves it.

I think the best way to care for pings is too under water and Much light/floro.
Don't mess with it every day:)

DId you order it from Mr. West? ZMine lost almost all of its leaves ecept for two and a broken one before it started to regrow// O have mine in Peat/Perlite with a bit os lfs mixed in. Its unorthodox, but it loves it.

Mine came a from a forum friend. Beyond that, IDK. My Mexican pings are definitely underwatered!

:drool: I want one!

Well, I am going to be working on getting it into tissue culture within a week or so, so when I have them going I'll have a bunch.

That's exactly what mine did! Any idea why?

Back