What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping leaves getting smaller??

As mentioned, my P. Sethos leaves becoming smaller....Is this normal? Condition: Full morning sun with shaded at noon. Media equal part of peat moss, perlite, vermeculite and pine bark graanule. On another matter, how to make the leaves redder? Any help is appreciated
11042011149.jpg

Is there new growth coming from the center? That would be my main concern... the only Pinguicula that ever reduced its size to where it flat out disappered was P. gigantea, but I've never had that problem with P. 'Sethos.'

Is there new growth coming from the center? That would be my main concern... the only Pinguicula that ever reduced its size to where it flat out disappered was P. gigantea, but I've never had that problem with P. 'Sethos.'

By new growth you mean new growing point or growing new leaves ? If growing point then no but if growing new leaves then yes and each new one is getting smaller. Not sure what is the problem??? Maybe too much light? Media too compact?

use alcalin substrat

may be your plant are in dormancy ?

red leave = often more UV

jeff

you should try feeding it. my personal experience reveals pings to be more as obligate carnivores, and need food in order to grow well, otherwise, they just shrink and die. your leaves look awfully clean.

you should try feeding it. my personal experience reveals pings to be more as obligate carnivores, and need food in order to grow well, otherwise, they just shrink and die. your leaves look awfully clean.

I'll try feeding it hope it 'return to normal'.

your leaves are slimy ?
if no , she is in dormancy .
jeff

your leaves are slimy ?
if no , she is in dormancy .
jeff

It is hard to tell as i cant feel the small leaves well. But i think the problem is feeding as its rain a lot lately and it dint catch much food. In case of dormancy, i just need to cut down watering? How about light?

suite

in dormancy they d'not catch prey because the leaves are succulent with no 'mucilage'.

in the dormancy period a lot of mexican ping modify their leaves caracters , for some one the leaves size , may be here it is the case.

your ping is under the rains ? ( may be the problem , with a washing leave too important)

actualy in mexico it is the end of the dry season ( then the dormancy)

we are , here in europe, about to go them outdoor in shade ( except for the morning sun) sheltered to the rains ( watering by capillarity).

jeff

Last edited:
Back