What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many pings can I grow in this?

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
Hi guys (& gals). Been a while since I posted on the forum. But this question has been bothering me for a while. I have a few of these little plastic containers that originally held grapefruit slices.

05-01-2011001b.jpg

I drilled some holes in them for drainage and want to know if you all can tell me how many P. esseriana I can plant in them. I'll be honest state that the reason I'm asking is because I'm lazy and am hoping someone can give me a guestimate because I..., well here's why.

05-01-2011002b.jpg

05-01-2011003b.jpg

05-01-2011004b.jpg

I'm too lazy to try and count them. And for the people who like flowers

05-01-2011007b-1.jpg

I tried thinning this out once to a couple of small plants but it didn't last long.

You could always chop that colony in half and ship it to me, then you won't have to even worry about repotting. :)

And in a couple months you could cut that clump in half and send that to somebody and in no time at all, everyone will be up to their eyes in P. esseriana. This plant loves to form clumps.

A new cultivar? Pinguicula "Tribbles"? Hehe.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQ6LC-olw9Q?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQ6LC-olw9Q?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Hey-ya Jim, Long time no see!

Welcome back! Say hello to the Dizzy Lizzy!

I'll try not to be such a stranger to the forums in the future. :blush:

Maybe 2 or 3 pings.

Back