Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Way to prevent divsion?

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all seriousness I wish I had your problem. The only Ping that has divided for me is my moctezumae but I think everything else is too immature to start doing that...
    -Josh
    Grow list

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jpappy789 View Post
    In all seriousness I wish I had your problem. The only Ping that has divided for me is my moctezumae but I think everything else is too immature to start doing that...
    I would try changing some variables (one at a time so you can isolate the effect). Much of my success is due to Joseph Clemens. I read every word of his posts and then asked him anyway just for good measure It was his advice to alter some of the variables in your environment that made me successfull.

This may not be the case with you, but for me... I started getting outstanding success when I provided more airflow. Believe it or not, a fan, which promotes good air circulation, made all the difference. Before I was losing half of my collection to rot... now... I have not lost a ping in over two years... AND, just like Joseph, I grow mine wet year ground. Ever read the posts that say P. gypsicola requires bone dry conditions when it moves into its succulent phase? Well, mine was kept in with my tropical sundews and wet year round. And it has doubled in size

Anyway, just experiment. Take lots of leaf pullings and become a bad scientist.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering the same thing too. I prefer a single plant in a pot because it looks nice and orderly. A don't like it when they divide and pretty soon there is just a mass of plants.
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think division is inevitable with healthy plants. The only cure is to divide them and wait a few months for the divisions to take shape. I usually keep one or two divisions as back-up and trade the rest.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justcut the division off with an exacto knife and pull it out... If you dont care to keep it for trading or growing, you can just cut it regardless of size as soon as you see it and toss it.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to maintain 2 mature plants in one pot. One of those I use for lreaf pullings, that go into another pot, which then become what I use for trades. That's the theory, anyway....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12