What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unled4084.jpg

When I reduce the photoperiod for my pings in the autumn I always get a flurry of flowers. Perhaps the plants are trying to sow seed before the long, dry winter? I have P. laueana, 'Weser', 'Aphrodite', agnata, moranensis 'A', moranensis 'Caudata', 'Pirouette, Sumidero 1 and 'Sethos' in flower now.

unled4078.jpg

unled4080.jpg

A large moranensis I call 'Caudata' I have 2 or 3 varieties of moranensis with very similar flowers but different leaf shapes, colours and sizes.

unled4081.jpg

P. agnata. A white flower with purple edges. Can anyone tell me a possible location for this type?

unled4083.jpg

P. 'Weser' dividing and flowering.

They'll flower throughout the whole winter even while in the succulent leaf form so I doubt it's any need to seed before dry conditions.

I'm yet to see a red one from my collection. Looking good..

WOW, thats a lot of flowers!

Lauena: What a showoff. :)

Here's a few photos of the P. laueana flower. It's a little past its best and is fading on the bottom. I honestly did not realize that flowers from laueana were difficult This plant has flowered every few months ever since I got it from Hawaiian Botanicals in BC. They sell nice, healthy plants.

I've had this one plant for 2 years, now. It changes leaves by the season, but no flowers:

Picture.jpg

Picture007.jpg

100_8749.jpg

Picture015-6.jpg

Picture026.jpg

I've had mine for 2-1/2 years and it's never gone dormant on me. Always has the large non-succulent leaves.

This is quite cornfusing! The "book" on them is warm/wet for spring and summer and cool / dry for fall and winter.

Back