What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How big does Pinguicula moranensis 'D' get?

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Greetings. I have a Pinguicula Moranensis 'D' arriving later this week and I'm wondering how I should plant it in my 5'' pot. If it gets under 4'' across, I want to put it on one side of the pot and put a lava rock on the other side for decoration. If it's over 4'' across, I'll plant it in the center of the pot to combat my OCD.

you speak to anpa D

here to LE MANS -FRANCE , in diameter 7-8 cm

jeff

a, b, c, d

where does this information come from

Had never even heard of P. moranensis "D" until today, only P. ANPA D. Even looking online I only found 2 references about it.

The person you are getting it from should be able to tell you, why not ask them?

The naming in Savage Garden was just something the author did to keep track of the different varieties he grew. I don't think there's anything formal to it. Best you can do with most moranensis is make sure you get the location data, but that is often impossible to find.

I have a half dozen moranensis varieties that have variously been described to me as A,B, G, caudata, Pachuca, 'purple flower', rosei and alba. I still call them that so I can keep track of them, but they aren't really formal or recognized names. Half of them have distinct characteristics (white flower, red leaves, longer veined leaves), but the other half can all look the same depending on the time of year and the age of the plant.

Anyway, your plant will probably grow over 4" across. I've found rosei, alba and the purple flowered variety stay small at 3" or less and some of the others can get 6" across or larger.

Last edited:
Back