What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaf pullings from temperate plants.

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried leaf pullings from non-mexican pings? If so what was the success rate? Early spring or late summer?
Mine produce many plantlets every winter that do just fine when seperated, but I just wanted to know if I had any more options.

Thanks

As I understand it, you cant do leaf pullings from temperates.. only mexi..

I have a primuliflora (which is a Temperate-subtropical species) that just formed two plantlets on a leaf that is lying flat on the soil. The leaf is still attached to the plant though :) The plantlets are located in the middle of the leaf.

I haven't tried the pullings but if you keep it wet enough i think it might work..

Last edited:
my vulgaris forms new plantlets where ever a leaf touches the soil. its cool watching it gradually circle around the pot that way

my vulgaris forms new plantlets where ever a leaf touches the soil. its cool watching it gradually circle around the pot that way

Strange!
Are you sure about the species? Do you have pictures? Also of the flowers?

I've never seen anything sprouting from P. vulgaris leaves (or any Pinguicula leaves of cold-temperate Pinguicula like P. grandiflora or P. macroceras or other).

nevermind, it's a primuliflora...

still, it is a non-mexican butterwort....

suite

no possibility to have leaf pulling on vulgaris ( but on the hibernaculae leaves may be ,a friend has succeeded in having, but it may be a chance)

jeff

Back